Saturday, March 06, 2010

Some New Song Maybe

Here's something I wrote in the car earlier this evening. Don't know if it'll ever get turned into a song, so this might be the only chance for public forum as far as it's concerned. I put it to some C and F and Am, and such; maybe something might come of that. I like the rhyme scheme in the verse; it's sort of the inverse of what I used in Metropolis.

there are too many roads
that stretch from point to point
a vast network of nodes
with interlocking arms
that cover all the great expanse
and turn by turn upon each fragile joint
these legs converge into a dance
of endless factories and farms

the seasons wait
but not for long
and state by state
I write this song
and hope it finds you
as I roam
through county lines to
paths back home

1 comment: