Thursday, January 27, 2005

I'm just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose

Are you Kevin Spacey? On one hand that could be cool, cuz you'd be Kevin Spacey. On the other hand that wouldn't be cool cuz then who would be you? Would there even be a you, would you still be as cool as you, and would I even know you? If we're assuming you're Kevin Spacey, can we not also assume that you live Kevin Spacey's life, and not the other way around? If you were Kevin Spacey living your life, then the Kevin Spaceyness that makes him Kevin Spacey would be lost. Of course, we are assuming that determinism is nonexistent and that our two personas are not predetermined to come into contact in any form and that it's purely coincidental. That leaves the possibility open that I could one day meet Kevin Spacey and think back to this conversation and wonder if I would have still met you, had you actually been Kevin Spacey, since I would be talking to Kevin Spacey himself at the time. And that could have been you, and I never would have known.

No comments:

Post a Comment