Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Dare to do the deed

Blog.

Humans all over the world are sitting down at their computers and frantically typing their fingers away in an attempt to tell us about their lives. Some are funny, some are sad, some are boring, and some are flippin' sweet.

I've spent the last several years of my life keeping my dislike of blogs no small secret. But I've got a confession to make: I read them. I don't know why, but I do. Whether it's to find out what color his bathroom is now, or what she had for breakfast, or what music you currently dig, I keep finding myself following the link to your blogs.

Those of you who are naysayers will probably pose the question, "What the hell? You are a hypocrite and a poseur." I concede the fact, and offer the following rebuttle: oh well.

It breaks down like this. I don't actually want to tell you what happened in class today, or what music I listened to while I did my homework, or what cereal I ate this morning (it was Honey Nut Toasty O's!). I'm not even entirely sure what I'll use it for, but I know this much: it will be interesting. If something is not interesting, then call me out and say "hey this frikking sucks, get a life!" or something to that effect. Believe me, I'm self-aware enough to be conscious of the ridiculousness of someone like me starting a "blog," but let's work together and see if it can be used for the good of mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment