Saturday, June 05, 2010

New Song "Stacy Please" (Recording)

Wrote a song. Recorded it. I don't really remember what it's about. Maybe it was about Stacy Dupree? Or perhaps Stacy Keach? Possibly Gwen Stacy? Seems plausible.

Maybe I didn't even write it. Maybe I just remembered a song written in a former life. I don't even own a bed, birds don't talk to me, and I've never had a sip of alcohol in my life.

I actually wrote this song in elementary school on the playground during recess.

This was the fifth and best take, and I discovered after I was satisfied and closed the book on recording for the evening that there is a weird stutter/glitch in the first chorus. Guess what, that's just how it is for now.

Sorry for all the computer noise in the background. This crotchety old laptop likes to keep both of its fans on high pretty much all the time these days.


it's friday night, 1 a.m.
no idea where i've been

stacy please don't go
i am dying to dream tonight

it's time to sleep, but i hate my bed
it's much too large for just one head

stacy please don't be cruel
i am trying to scream your name
but you know i'm a fool
thought that you might want the same

it's saturday, i hear the birds
saying to me it could be worse

stacy please don't cry
smoke your last cigarette
and for now i'll try
to drink until i forget

stacy please
stacy please
stacy please
stacy please


P.S. Buzz users need to click through to the actual post to view the embedded video.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:01 PM

    You sound fabulous on this. Way to go b! Love, Booher

    ReplyDelete