Sunday, April 18, 2010

Music I'm Enjoying

Here's some of my favorite music at the moment. I'm really enjoying a lush, honest, and organic style right now.

"Things Behind the Sun", Nick Drake, Pink Moon (1972)
Mysterious and serene and beautiful. I struggle to think of anything to describe this that's even worth saying. I'm learning to play/sing this entire album, and I'm currently three songs in.



"Anonanimal", Andrew Bird, Noble Beast (2008)
I want to loop 2:18 to 2:32. Over and over again. I want to hear that sound from the moment I wake up until I fall asleep. His minimalism/ostinato tendencies contrast with the warm, organic sound I mentioned before, but therein lies the appeal to me.



"For Real", Okkervil River, Black Sheep Boy (2005)
I'm reaching back a few years for this one (though not quite as far back as the Nick Drake), but I absolutely adore the delayed accents and syncopations of the chorus. Also, Will Sheff's voice is legit; it's rough and raw and wonderful. I've actually been into this for a bit over two years now, but I felt compelled to include it.



P.S. Buzz users need to click through to the actual post to view embedded videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment